Wednesday 14 November 2012

Chapter 1: My opinion

Chapter 1: The mysterious door


I started reading this book one day that I had a headache, so in the first page, where the Mr Utterson is described, I thought that he was a common good man with a good job and who acts as he should act. However, I liked Richard Enfield's description, as he seems to be an interesting character. He's described as a fun-loving man, so his relationship with Mr Utterson is a bit strange and uncommon.

The vocabulary wasn't difficult to understand, so the lecture was easy and interesting. The part that I liked the most was when Mr Enfield and the doctor were shouting at the man and he suddenly says: "Name your price". Everything in that man is interesting, his look, his proud face, his words... 

The last part of the chapter was a bit confusing because it stops telling Enfield's story and we're again with the two main characters. However, this first chapter was only an introduction of the story, but the author writes this introduction in a very interesting and mysterious way.

No comments:

Post a Comment